The Rundquist Diaries

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Taking a break...

After posting a lot the first few days of having this blog, I decided to take a little break! :) Now, I am ready to go at it again. Actually, the truth is I got busy at work and then forgot my login name/password - how silly of me. I finally remembered it today...

But, what to blog about? Well, the most exciting thing in my life today is the fact that I am wearing new shoes! I usually buy crap shoes for really cheap. Fun fashion shoes that look cute, but don't offer much for comfort. Well, now that I am almost half way through my pregnancy, I decided that I had better find some supportive shoes to be wearing at work, and fast. My lower back has been causing me a lot of aches these days.

So, yesterday I ventured over to DSW at the MOA (I love thist store), and found exactly what I was looking for. Comfortable, sporty shoes that I could get away with wearing at work. It took trying on multiple pairs and being overwhelmed by the general size of DSW, but I am happy with my purchase and have greatly enjoyed wearing them today.

However, much to my dismay, today has been nothing by rain. I went to Target over my lunch break, it wasn't raining then, but when I was ready to go back to work, it was pouring outside! So, I decided to wait it out. After about 10 minutes and still no let up, I decided to take the shoes off, put them inside my Target bag and make a mad dash for my car. I kept the shoes nice and dry, but suceeded in getting myself completely soaked. I've had to spend my afternoon drying off here at work! :)

Anyway, these are the shoes (Pony) - though mine are white, tan and grey. They are super comfy and ultra cool - at least in my opinion!

8 Comments:

  • I love the picture of you running barefoot through the Target parking lot, but at least you saved the shoes! What we do for fashion!

    By Blogger j, at 8:45 PM  

  • No kidding, what we do for fashion is right! I actually had to run through the ran again last night, but this time, the shoes stayed on. John said I needed to "break them in". :)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:14 AM  

  • sweet shoes! Those are great! I like DSW too, especially the clearance in the back. I wear some shoes from there almost every day.

    I'm glad to hear you remembered your password :)

    By Blogger Maren, at 11:24 AM  

  • Nice looking shoes. I bet they don't shoot lasers like mine do, thought.

    Pshew, pshew, pshew!!!

    Take that Democrats!

    Seriously, I like the shoes, though...

    By Blogger Kevin Sawyer, at 11:43 AM  

  • The clearane section is awesome! I tried looking there, but didn't see anything that was what I really wanted. I have a great pair of Steve Madden shoes that I got for $5 - seriously! They were already marked way down and I had a coupon! Can't ask for anything better.

    Sorry to say Kevin that they don't shoot lasers, but they are so comfortable that I can forgo such amenities for now... :)

    By Blogger celeste, at 11:50 AM  

  • My biggest bummer is at this point in the pregnancy I can really only fit into my running shoes and flip flops. In addition to the swelling, your ligaments loosen at the end, and your feet actually get bigger.

    I heard a scary rumor that sometimes the ligaments don't go back. Which means ALL of my shoes will be a half size too small!

    And I just got the CUTEST silver sparkly heels at DSW a couple months ago in anticipation of non-baby days.

    By Blogger Kathy Grunditz, at 12:52 PM  

  • Yea K, I'm kind of worried about that myself! Especially if all I can fit into in the dead of winter is my flip flops... :)

    Can't wait to see the sparkly heels!

    Praying for you!!

    By Blogger celeste, at 1:19 PM  

  • ok I hate to tell you all this but my feet grew about a size with isaiah and another 1/2 size with rowan. TOTAL bummer, the swelling will go away but not the size.... so needless to say that I have tons of shoes I cant wear. I hope you all are blessed with your feet staying the same. I need to check out DSW for sure!

    By Blogger Mama Erin, at 3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home