The Rundquist Diaries

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

My First Week ALONE

Due to peer pressure....here is a new post! ;)

John went back to work on Monday and the reality of my new life set in. My goal for the week is to try and implement more routine with Quinlan...eating/wake time/nap time, etc. and Monday started off on a horrible note. Mr. Q must have known that Papa wasn't around and he would not take a nap all morning long and fussed off and on for about 4 hours straight. I spent most of the morning in tears and doing a lot of praying!

It was hard to wake up on Tuesday with a positive, encouraged attitude. However, the day went a lot better, I adjusted a few things and Quinlan responded much better and even took a few morning naps! I was so happy! It's amazing just how much work having a newborn is. Whoever thinks that stay-at-home moms sit around, watch soaps and eat bon-bons all day is dead wrong! I feel like I have accomplished a lot because I have been able to take a shower every day so far this week!

So today is Wednesday and so far, so good. Daddy is coming home for lunch which will be really nice! I am trying to remind myself that having a newborn is all about learning and that everything takes time.

Quinlan really is a joy and we love him so much...being parents really is an amazing honor!

Picture post coming soon...

2 Comments:

  • Your right newborns are a lot of work. I'm waiting for when I get to sit around and eat chocolate and watch TV :)
    Take it day by day. Being a mom is truly a growing experience in all ways. But I would not trade it for nothing.Dawn

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:17 PM  

  • yaaaay! thank you for caving to peer pressure! ;) (i'm typing with one hand!)

    By Blogger Maren, at 9:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home