The Rundquist Diaries

Saturday, January 13, 2007

THE DETAILS – Day 1

Many of you have probably heard by now of the ordeal we went through to bring Quinlan into this world – and an ORDEAL it was – but we thought we would share some of them anyway. The easiest way would be by giving the timeline of events…so here we go!

Saturday, January 6, 2007

7:15am – We arrived at the hospital for induction and got settled into our labor and delivery room. We had no idea that we would be spending hours in this room preparing for Quinlan to make his arrival.

8:45am – I found out that I am dilated to 1 cm, am 30% effaced and am at -4 station (where the estimate baby’s head is at in the birth canal) and I received my first dose of a cervix softener (an induction drug).

12:45pm – I received my second dose of softener, no change.

4:45pm – I received my third does of softener, still no change.

8:45pm – I am now dilated to 2 cm, almost 50% effaced and am now a 0 station. I started having very heavy contractions, one right after the other. My doctor is called and it’s decided to hold off on any more softeners to see if I will continue to labor on my own.

10:30pm – We water breaks and heavy labor comes on! I start having violent contractions that are coming ever few minutes with barely any down time. I start having severe back labor and whole body shaking soon follows. The pain is getting to be quite unbearable. John encourages me to hang in there and continue to push through the pain.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home