The Rundquist Diaries

Friday, December 29, 2006

Various thoughts...

It might be awhile before I can post a blog entry...today is my last day of work - we're still waiting for Baby R to come and if he/she doesn't come by next week, there's no point in me trying to come into work. We're getting a new LAN line and hopefully the internet at our home next week. We'll see what the next few days have in store for us!

On Being 9+ Months Pregnant
It's been a long haul indeed. I never imagined all the false labor contractions, the waiting, not going early like my mom, more than likely going to my due date, possibly longer...but, things have gone very smoothly up to this point and I have so much to be thankful for. My body is hanging in there, though it is weary and tired from carrying all this extra weight! It will be well worth it in the end.

On Becoming a Mom
I never imagined how excited I would be to start my new role as mom! All the anticipation and excitement just keeps building up and how thankful I am to God for allowing me to go through this pregnancy process and to have the privilege and honor of becoming a mother. I am counting the days, hours, minutes until I can hold this little bundle in my arms and finally be MOM!

On Faithwalkers
All of my family and a number of our close friends (around 100 Rockers to be exact) are all down at Tan-Tar-A Resort right now for Faithwalkers. It is bittersweet for us to not be there. We absolutely love this conference - it's the highlight of the year for us, but we are at home awaiting the arrival of our little baby which is so very sweet. We have been praying for the conference and all the people there every day and we can't wait to hear all about it. We're so thankful to be involved with GCA. What a wonderful group of men leading us and so many awesome saints involved with the churches. We are so blessed.

So yea, those are the thoughts rolling around in my head today. As we head into the long weekend for New Year's and as I gear up for being at home next week, with or without my babe in arms, I am so thankful for all that God has given me and blessed my life with. I am truly rich indeed.

God bless and Happy New Year!!

3 Comments:

  • The lady due before me, in our home church back in the day...her baby came 40 days over her due date...so i totally expected my baby to come 40 days late...boy was i taken by surprise when caleb came 2 1/2 weeks early..they induce you these days...but just wanted you to know...wierd things happen...our times are in God's hands. God's grace as you wait on God's 'right time'. Love, mary

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:31 AM  

  • Its so great to hear how you feel about motherhood. I remember like yesterday the preg and birth of Isaiah. I was just so proud that the Lord chose to bless us with being his mother. I used to cry almost every day for like 3 wks (partly hormones im sure) after he was born that this little beauty was Gods first then mine and that he loves him more than I do (which still seems crazy)so that he was going to be well taken care of. And I just remember and still feel this way that they are just the most precious things in the world. It can be an adjustment from work to mom but its the best "ministry" in the entire world! Hang in there and enjoy your belly kicks and wringles while its in there. Praying for a healthy/safe labor and baby!
    ~erin

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:40 PM  

  • You missed the tax break!

    I posted about Faithwalker's, but apparently blogger rejected it. I wrote in it that it was incredibly weird not to have you there and singing. Something just wasn't right.

    I'm so glad though that your family will be with you during the birth!

    By Blogger j, at 10:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home