The Rundquist Diaries

Monday, December 11, 2006

False Labor...not all it's cracked up to be!

Our weekend was an eventful one...almost too eventful! :) This little one is keeping things exciting for us indeed.

On Thursday afternoon, I started having pretty regular, but mild contractions lasting through the entire evening (about 20 minutes apart). They continued into Friday, but I had a busy day at work trying to clear off my desk so I wasn't always paying attention. By Friday night they continued on making us wonder what the weekend would have in store for us!

Saturday morning we got up and headed out for our first of three walks that day to keep things moving along! At one point I was having contractions every 5 minutes for over and hour and a half. We were moments away from calling the hospital when things started to slow down again. We went on another walk and then another. By then (about 2 in the afternoon), they had slowed way down. We decided to call the hospital anyway just to let them know what was going on and see if they had any advice. Bascially we were told we were either in the early stages of labor and things would continue to progress (and intensify!) or we were just having false labor and pretty soon everything would just stop. By Saturday night the contractions did just that - they stopped.

Sunday got eventful again in the early afternoon when my bowels got completely turned around for about 2 hours followed by 4 hours of much more intense contractions that were about 10 minutes apart. However, at 8:30pm, once again, everything just stopped.

Needless to say, I was not excited about coming to work today! I would much rather be in the hospital having a baby! :) But, God knows when the best time if for this little one to make it's arrival and we just have to be patient, even though it's uncomfortable and at times painful.

We have a doctor's appt this afternoon so I am hoping that some progress has been made!

10 Comments:

  • wow! i remember those days like yesterday! good news it doesnt last forever! sure sounds like it will be soon!
    erin

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:37 PM  

  • "Needless to say, I was not excited about coming to work today! I would much rather be in the hospital having a baby! "

    So, you're saying you would literally rather give birth than go to work? Only at Benfield.

    By Blogger Kevin Sawyer, at 4:56 PM  

  • Kevin, I think I would feel that way no matter where I work...I am just that ready and excited for the baby to come! :) One day you'll understand the excitement and anticipation!

    Thanks Erin, it's a good thing it won't last forever! There were times over the weekend where is almost felt like "we missed our chance"! :) Good thing that's not the truth!

    By Blogger celeste, at 8:31 AM  

  • Just making funnies. Congrats.

    By Blogger Kevin Sawyer, at 3:34 PM  

  • bummer about your weekend, but man...how exciting! you're gonna make a great mom...and john a great dad. cant wait for you guys to experiene that joy. praying for you.

    By Blogger JoAnn Venhuizen, at 10:43 AM  

  • The doctors will tell you that until you can't stand it, you're not really in labor...the pain is SO intense -- you'll know....you will have wished you were never pregnant....and then when the baby comes, you can't imagine having never been. It's the most painful joy in the world!!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:18 AM  

  • That's too bad. I can only imagine, mostly because I'm a man and never will experience that. Anyways Steph and I will be praying for you guys.

    Lucas Shogren

    By Blogger What is life?, at 11:23 AM  

  • Hi JoAnn, thanks so much for the comments - we appreciate the prayers!

    Lucas!! Thanks for stopping by. Tell Steph hi for me and thanks for praying for us!

    By Blogger celeste, at 11:51 AM  

  • hey babe,
    yes sorry i missed it as well. I worked a LATER shift..but i still could have made it up to your house if I had hurried. But, i just decided i needed a night to collect my thoughts and get myself back on track. I will miss you Friday in church but have a great time!! Sunday I should be there .. but my mom and dad are now coming up on Saturday because they won Vikings tickets and i'm not sure if they are leaving Sunday or Monday. I will surely let you know.
    Take care of yourself.
    me.

    By Blogger Ang, at 9:13 AM  

  • ps what did the doctor say monday?

    By Blogger Ang, at 9:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home