The Rundquist Diaries

Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Birth 101

This past Saturday, John and I took the first of our two birthing classes at Methodist Hospital - where we will be delivering. It was a long day (8:30am-2:30pm) with lots of information, but boy was it helpful! We learned so much about logistics, stages of labor and all about the birth process - we even watched a birth on video! I couldn't believe how emotional I got with the realization that this will be happening soon for us! We also got to learn all sorts of fun relaxation and breathing techniques to help get through the hard contractions. It's my goal to do this naturally, without medication so all this information will be very helpful. Lord willing, I can make it through! I know it's not going to be easy, but I really want to give it my best effort. I am so thankful that John supports this and is willing to be my "Coach" - he's going to do a great job!

I visited the doctor yesterday and everything still looks good. I am already 31 weeks, it's hard to believe time has gone by this fast. Tomorrow (Nov 1st) I can say that the baby is coming next month! Our lives are about to change...in a great way!

This Saturday is my first baby shower - put on by my dear friends Coral, Emily & Amber. I can hardly wait for the fun, fellowship and friends! It will be wonderful to celebrate with all these beautiful and dear women.

I hope to post pictures and fun details of the shower next week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home