The Rundquist Diaries

Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Preparing for Change...

Change is coming, it's the one thing I am most certain of these days. In a matter of weeks small groups will start up again, the House Churches will be up and running and following shortly thereafter, our baby will arrive. We will be leading a small group, leading a House Church (and hosting it) and becoming parents all in the matter of weeks. At times, I am overwhelmed with the thought of these changes. Generally, I am a prepared person, I plan for the future and am ready and don't get overwhelmed. Praise the Lord that God blessed me with a man who is the same way - we plan, we save, we stock up, we stay relaxed and we're ready. But, I also know that with being "ready", there's also the need to be flexible as things could be different than we anticipate. Can we roll with the unknowns of these major changes in our lives? Can we be flexible?

I am so thankful that I can trust the Lord to be a solid rock for us during times like these. He knows the outcome, He knows the "unknown" and has a plan for us. When things aren't certain, He is our certainty. So it's days like today when overwhelimg thoughts fill my head that I can relax because I know the ONE who is in control and I can trust Him - for He is trustworthy.

Amen.

2 Comments:

  • I know exactly how you feel - well a few exceptions. I don't have a baby coming. It just seems so busy the last few weeks and the next few months are going to be just as crazy. Since I had to take the afternoon off to wait for carpet, I thought I'd be frivolous and instead of doing one of the million things on my to do list, I went to the park and hung out with God. (Seriously, I left 2 strangers in my house? What was I thinking?)

    Anyway, I had a disappointment today and have been feeling a little overwhelmed, but one of the verses from the one-year hit me, "My heart is confident in you O God. My heart is confident. No wonder I can sing your praises!" Psalm 57:7. I just love that verse. I don't need to worry about these things - even if they are for God and I don't need to worry about people. I can be confident in God to keep His promises and that He has a purpose for everything. What a relief!

    By Blogger j, at 3:12 PM  

  • celeste: what is the house church all about...and i love your dog...what kind is he? god's grace, mknox

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home