The Rundquist Diaries

Monday, August 14, 2006

The Morning After

Morning came too fast today and I still feel somewhat groggy and incoherent, but despite the tiredness, my heart it greatly encouraged this morning.

The Benefit last night was an amazing night. It far exceeded my expectations and I truly believe that it was such a blessing to my family! The night seemed to a huge success with so many people in attendance and so many wonderful items up for bid in the silent auction. It proved to be very fun as well...John and I came away with three awesome items. One item being my father's vintage vinyl album that he recorded in 1979. I have always wanted my own copy and this was my chance...we got involved in a couple of bidding wars, but eventually came out the victors and had a blast in the process! We also picked up a really nice oil painting that will be awesome in our family room. The last win was also a big one...we won 8 hours worth of house cleaning from a small group at Bloomington for use in October/November. We thought it would be a great way to prepare for the baby by having an ultra clean house! I can't wait!! John worked hard on making sure we got that one! What a great husband I have...we already started making our mental list of things we want them to do on our drive home! :)

The entertainment part of the night also proved to be a blessing as well. It was so much fun to sit back and listen and enjoy the talents of others. It was also a priviledge to lend my own voice to the night as well. It was emotional for sure, but an honor to share music from my heart to bless the Saints.

We left, weary, tired, yet greatly encouraged at 11:00pm! It was a late night, but so well worth it. Thanks to everyone who was involved and thanks for just being there! It sounds like a lot of money was raised and that will be such a blessing to my family.

It's great to be in the body of Christ.

1 Comments:

  • Amen. It really was a great time. it was heart-breaking and encouraging at the same time. Not sure there were many dry eyes in the house when your dad brought Jess around after dinner. What a great time to see so many people out supporting your family.

    By Blogger Kathy Grunditz, at 4:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home