The Rundquist Diaries

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Jessica's Benefit...

The benefit for Jessica will be held this Sunday on August 13th from 4:00 to 10:00 PM at Jefferson High School in Bloomington, MN. Donations can be mailed to Jessica Darling Care Fund c/o Chris and Kevin Horrocks, 13626 Upton Avenue South, Burnsville MN 55337-2129.

As this benefit for my sister draws near, I find myself fighting through opposing emotions. On one hand, I am extremely excited and encouraged that people are putting this together. I know it will bless my family indeed and hopefully be a great encouragement to know that so many people are still supporting us through this tough journey.

However, there is another part of me that is not looking forward to it at all...the heavy emotions, the many conversations that could be draining, the sadness over my sister's still present condition, and the list could go on. I know that this Sunday will be a very heavy, emotional day for my family and at times I wonder if I'll be able to make it through. Especially since I am involved with the music at the end of the night - it might be tough to get through the songs.

Pray for me, pray for my family, pray for God's blessing on this Benefit that it would not only bring glory to the Lord, but would also greatly encourage and bless my sister.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home