The Rundquist Diaries

Wednesday, October 18, 2006

The results are in...

We are now 29.5 weeks pregnant and time is going super fast right now...

I had a doctor's appointment on Monday and it was a big day. I had to take the dreaded glucose test - drink that horrible syrupy sugar stuff - to see if I have Gestational diabetes. This morning, I got the call - I passed the test! This is a huge relief because if I didn't pass this test, I would have needed to go back for a three hour test where I have to fast beforehand and then not eat or drink anything dring the three hours that I have to sit in the clinic well the horrible syrupy sugar stuff goes through my system. I was just dreading this because if I know myself well enough, I would probably have gotten sick!

Anyway, in other news, the baby is doing well and growing a lot. I am gaining weight now, which is good. But, I have decided I am eating too many sweet things and need to cut back some! :) For the time being, the baby is head down which is great. The heart rate is around 150 so if you're going by what "they say", I should be having a girl, plus I am carrying high. Only God knows! Either way, boy or girl, we'll be happily surprised!

Our plan is have the nursery complete by Thanksgiving weekend, including having my bag packed for the hospital. We want to be prepared for anything come December. We have no way of knowing when exactly this little one will decide to make it's grand entrance into our world. I think we are right on pace to have everything ready and I am feeling more and more prepared every day. And we're getting so excited...

So, that's my update. I am now down to appointments every 2 weeks instead of 4 - it's getting close now!

4 Comments:

  • Oh it's the best when you start on those weekly appointments! It gets so exciting to be so close. And when I think back, those last 10 weeks seem like the longest part. I can't wait for your shower. It's so wonderful to see all those cute outfits. It makes it so real to put the diapers and clothes away in their room. Any day now. You'll feel like she/he's always been here.

    Lucy's asleep now. Has been sleeping for three hours and I miss her! Isn't that silly? Funny how a baby changed me. The first four weeks I felt like being a mom was a burden. Now that she's almost 3 months old, she feels like my treasure.

    By Blogger Kathy Grunditz, at 8:55 AM  

  • K, she's a treasure indeed! I appreciate your perspective a lot. I am really looking forward to the coming weeks and months. It's hard to believe it's getting so close to "THEE" day we've waited so long for. God is good and faithful and I feel very blessed. I'm looking forward to the shower as well...it's going to make it seem that much more real!!

    By Blogger celeste, at 12:09 PM  

  • Congrats on 30 weeks! That is so exciting to go down to the 2 week appointments for sure!

    I am too so impressed by how prepared you two are! (As well as Maren & Karl!) You look beautiful and your baby room looks adorable! I think before our first child I was lucky someone bought us crib sheets a few weeks before the baby came (which I didn't think to register for) otherwise I wonder just when I would have thought, "Hmmm... you know that crib in the baby's room may need sheets like a big bed, huh?" :)! Praise God all our kids have survived my unpreparedness!

    Happy Baby to you both!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:43 PM  

  • Hi Dana, thanks for the encouragement! It's awesome to be down to 2 week appointments, I can't believe how fast it's going right now. Thankfully, with all that's going on with the Rock, we have plenty to keep us occupied right now which is a real blessing. This means were are not just sitting around waiting for the baby to come!

    The crib sheet story made me chuckle...it's funny how different we are all wired isn't it? But you are right, God definitely does bless whether we are prepared or not. And who can really be prepared for everything right? It's been a blessing to have Maren to go through this together and to be able to compare stories and talk about what we're going through at the moment! Having friends around to encourage us has been such a wonderful thing.

    I'll be seeing you soon! Thanks again.

    By Blogger celeste, at 8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home