The Rundquist Diaries

Monday, November 06, 2006

It really was a SHOWER!

Last Saturday afternoon was my much anticipated baby shower thrown by my dears friends Coral, Amber & Emily. Ladies, it was an amazing celebration! I was overwhelmed by all the creativity, the food, the fellowship and the wonderful generosity of everyone who was there! It blew me away and was such a HUGE blessing to both John and myself.

I had planned on taking pictures, but alas, I forgot that I packed the camera and with all the commotion, I didn't even give photo taking a second thought! However, Jodi was willing to videotape most of the fesivities so at least we've got it documented somehow!

It's hard to know where to start because everything was so touching...from the girls sharing what they appreicated about me, to the things my mom shared, to the Elizabeth Elliot quote that Emily read, to the Psalm (139) that Coral read, to Amber's beautiful prayer, to the wonderful food, to the creative game we played in order for me to be able to open up my gifts...everything was simply wonderful!

Thanks to Coral and Steve for the most creative baby shower game I have ever played! In order to open a present, I had to sing a song. But the twist was, each of the guests were given a slip of paper with a song containing the word, “baby”. They had to hum the song for me to guess and then sing. Jodi was first with “Baby, Baby” by Amy Grant - which proved to be one of the easier songs for me to guess. KG had the nye impossible task of humming “Baby Got Back" which is funny because I didn't even know the lyrics to actually sing to it! Try it for yourself – it’s not easy. Alexis had “Ice, Ice Baby” which became a lot easier and even more hilarious when Maren joined in by laying down the beat. :) It was a riot and I loved it!!

John and I spent the whole night going through the presents together, reading through the cards and also reading through the other fun little project the gals had to do! They were each given a little card to write their guess of the baby's sex, pick out a name, guess the weight and also the due date. I have to admit, these ladies came up with some pretty good, funny and even absurd guesses! Then we ran to Target because we both felt like looking through baby stuff and then we grabbed some Chinese food to top of the great day.

I spent 3 hours on Sunday in the nursery opening up all the packages and trying to get the room organized. It's safe to say I wore myself out, but I had so much fun putting the room together!

We're down to 7 weeks left...time it flying!!

3 Comments:

  • I had such fun, Celeste! I'm glad you were showered so lovingly-you are loved!!! I'm excited to meet your little one soon!

    By Blogger Maren, at 1:55 PM  

  • Thanks Maren, we have much to look forward to don't we?? :)

    By Blogger celeste, at 2:20 PM  

  • Looking forward to HC tomorrow night as well. I get really nervous speaking in front of people, so beware :) I dont want to move either. . . I just dont know what to do. I feel like i'm being called, but is that my own ambition or God's calling. I get easily confused. I am going to miss you so much.
    And the Gateway Program I had so much hope in ... didn't fullfill what i needed it to in my heart. The hosts were certainly not anything like you and John .. is that a sign i shouldn't go? haha. see my confusion. I will see you tomorrow!!! take care babe, and baby :)

    By Blogger Ang, at 3:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home