The Rundquist Diaries

Friday, December 01, 2006

December 1, 2006

It's hard to believe that December finally has arrived...this means that sometime this month (unless our little one refuses to be on time or come early) we will be having a baby in 2006!

As I approach 36 weeks (this Sunday), I find myself getting more and more anxious, excited, nervous, overjoyed, etc. at the thought of this baby finally making his/her way into our world. Our bags are packed, our house is in order, the baby's room is all set...now we just wait! As fast as this pregnancy has gone by, I believe these next few weeks will be the longest stretch as we anticipate this birth.

Thanks to Maren for posting these encouraging verses which did my heart good this morning...

"If it seems slow in coming, wait patiently, for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed." Habakkuk 2:3

“My thoughts are nothing like your thoughts,” says the Lord. “And my ways are far beyond anything you could imagine. For just as the heavens are higher than the earth, so my ways are higher than your ways and my thoughts higher than your thoughts." Isaiah 55:8-9

I praise the Lord that He has been in control of this pregnancy since day 1 and as we wait out these final weeks, He is still holding this little life in His hands. He is so worthy of my trust and I am confident that in His perfect timing, this little one will arrive healthy and strong into our family whether it be 4 weeks early or a week late! :)

I am also so thankful for the loving husband I have in John. He has been such a trooper with all the many changes that have been taking place over the last number of months. As I have started to slow down, there are tasks that are simply too much for me...even the task of tying my own shoes! I have a gracious husband who was tying them daily until he suggested he buy me a new pair of slip on shoes! I am now wearing some of the more comfortable shoes I have ever owned! Thank you my Love for helping to make my life just a little bit easier! I cannot wait to experience all of this with you, my best friend!

Wow, what a way to end our 2006!

5 Comments:

  • I'm so excited for you, Celeste! I'm glad the verses were encouraging! (I know they have been very steadying for me.) I'm excited to see how this month plays out for us!

    By Blogger Maren, at 11:21 AM  

  • Sweetee- Thanks for the kind words about your husband (me). It has been an exciting journey and the best part is that it is only beginning- BRING IT ON:) Nice work with your blogging and more important your mothering-
    Love ya- hubbee

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:03 PM  

  • Thanks Daddy R, you are the best and I love you so!!

    By Blogger celeste, at 3:09 PM  

  • hey you
    you are most welcome for the journal :) How are you doing this week? Sorry I missed you Sunday night. I didn't see you anywhere .. nor Jess and Todd.
    Anyways...what is your dad's email? does he even have one? I have some questions about the move I'd like to go over with him :)
    love you much.
    see you soon.
    me.

    By Blogger Ang, at 5:35 PM  

  • hey you
    wow. sounds like the little one is CERTAINLY on its way. I'm soooo excited for you!!! Maybe we won't be having house church after all, little missy :)
    A couple friends DID end up making it Friday night. Not as many that said they were going to, but the 2 that did come, enjoyed it oh! so very much. I know they'll be back regularily. They've been searching for a church .. and I think they found it. The others are sposedly coming on Friday, so keep praying for that as well :)
    I'm praying for you and the little one and John and all of your family. I can't wait!
    Congrats in advance, and hopefully i will see you very very soon :)
    me.

    By Blogger Ang, at 8:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home