The Rundquist Diaries

Monday, November 20, 2006

Shower # 2

Yesterday I was given the wonderful blessing of another shower thrown by my "church lady" friends Nicki, Julie and Terri. It was such a blessed event and one I am so very thankful for. I had relatives and church friends from many years past there to help me celebrate this new life that is still growing big and strong inside of me! They had so many special things planned...

My mom shared a letter that she had written for me, Julie read a letter that my dad wrote to me and finally Terri read a sweet letter that John wrote to our baby! It was a wonderful surprise and was so touching for me hear. Each letter was so thoughtful and beautiful! I will hold on to them always.

We played a couple of fun games such as "Guess Which Melted Candy Bar is in the Diaper" - which was fun and gross at the same time - the melted chocolate made them look like "dirty diapers". One gal was brave enough to taste it in her effort to guess what kind of candy bar it was! Another fun game was they had a list of meanings that you had to guess the name for such as "a tool" which would be Jack or "a tall evergreen" which would be Douglas (as in Douglas Fir). It was entertaining for sure, especially when my sweet sister Jessica put down Tahiti for "a type of beach" instead of Sandy. :) We all got a big laugh out of that!

Once again, we were thoroughly blessed with some wonderful gifts and we couldn't be more thankful for people's generosity with us. Our little one, and future little ones (Lord willing), will be blessed for many years to come! We are well prepared for this baby's arrival...

So, the countdown is on (5.5 weeks to go!). Our goal is to have the nursery finished by this weekend - we have a lot of little things to do, but it's looking good!

5 Comments:

  • Hummm, something is wrong w/ my blog. I did not post this on 11/20, I posted it on 11/21. How weird is that?? Anyone have any ideas?

    By Blogger celeste, at 11:30 AM  

  • I think I figured it out...I started this post yesterdaym, saved the draft and then finished it and posted it today. But it still has it as yesterday's date. Still seems weird if you ask me.

    By Blogger celeste, at 11:33 AM  

  • how great! it sounds like you guys are pretty well set! that's awesome! and what a touching idea to write letters and read them at your shower!

    By Blogger Maren, at 12:20 PM  

  • I know, I thought it was a great idea. I'm sure our little one will love to have "daddy's" letter read to him/her over and over again one day! I can't wait.

    Yes, I feel pretty well set. We're headed to Babies R Us this Saturday to get a few other things and then we should be good to go. Can't wait!

    Guess what? We got a joging stroller! 4 gals from Evergreen went in on one for us. Yippy! Now we can for sure go running together!

    By Blogger celeste, at 1:25 PM  

  • I think the new mothers of the rock should register babypoopedtoday.com, and then they can share the latest baby-defecation story. Ryan Stahl can edit.

    Of course, after the baby is born, you could get together with the same women and play "guess which one is the melted candy bar?"

    By Blogger Kevin Sawyer, at 3:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home