The Rundquist Diaries

Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Hurry up and...WAIT!

We had our 39 week check-up this morning and so far, nothing has changed from last week. I am still around 50% effaced and not dilated. This was pretty discouraging (for me especially) seeing as how we had another eventful weekend full of contractions, etc. My doctor is pretty certain I will go to my due date, possibly longer. However, she will not let me go more than a week overdue. Let's pray for baby to come before induction takes place!

So, we are still waiting and I am finding it's not getting any easier. My emotions are all over the place. John has been wonderful - so encouraging and supportive. And we only have 5 MORE DAYS to go to get to our due date - 12/31. That is an encouraging thought! I am trying to stay positive, but the strain on me physically is a lot to bear right now.

These are some good verses for me to remember right now:

Psalm 27:14, "Wait patiently for the Lord. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the Lord."


Isaiah 64:4, "For since the world began, no ear has heard, and no eye has seen a God like you, who works for those who wait for him!"

Habakkuk 2:3, "If it seems slow in coming, wait patiently, for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed."

Romans 8:25, "But if we look forward to something we don’t yet have, we must wait patiently and confidently."

So thankful that I can rest in those thoughts today.

Hope you all had a Merry Christmas!!

1 Comments:

  • Celeste...one of my favorite 'phrases' in the Bible, is..."at just the right time." Rm.5:6. In hindsight, you'll praise God and marvel at His perfect time for everything, including the dates, times, years of our kid's births. Caleb came 21/2 weeks early; Nate came right on his due date [which SEEMED LATE]; Chris's due date was Dec. 26...but came on Dec. 18. To this day, I still call him 'Christmas Chris.' I spent my post-birth days in my hospital bed, writing my C'mas cards. Make sure you write down in detail,your 'birthing'story and memories...I still read my kids birthing stories...and they still love to hear the details of their coming into this world.
    May God bless your labor and delivery. The nearness of God [and your husband] will be your GOOD. My 'scream' during transition was, 'FATHER!!!!!!' I was inspired by a friend to 'be filled with the Spirit' during labor and delivery. It is possible, by God's grace.
    Post on your blog, when it all starts kicking in, so your readers can pray for you. Much Love, maryknox

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home